The new EU organic regulation will be effective from January 1st 2022.
What will be the main changes?
- According to the new regulation 848/2018, only natural ‘X’ flavourings will be allowed.
- For the first time, organic certified flavourings will be defined at European level.
Food manufacturers will have 2 options: to use standard natural ‘X’ flavourings or organic certified ones.
- The amount of flavourings will now count! Therefore, manufacturers of organic foods will have to take into account the % of flavourings in their calculation of ‘95/5’ ingredients of organic/non-organic origin.
Nactis Flavours, your partner to support you in these evolutions:
- To adapt your current organic products as well as to develop new organic ranges.
- We have a wide range of natural ‘X’ flavourings (in line with this new regulation) dedicated to a large range of sweet and savoury products.
- We study the compliance of your flavouring and labeling.
Click here to access the complete press release.
- Date : April 27th 2021
- Category : Events